Next Big Event: Celebrating Mexico through Craft Beers & Street Foods!
Calling all Playa del Carmen foodies and beer-lovers…
Mayakoba is hosting the first Riviera Maya Beer & Street Food Fest this month!
On Saturday, October 22 from 5 pm to midnight, the beautiful El Pueblito area will be the venue for this event that has gotten us all excited. First of all, the festival will have numerous Mexican craft beers, including beers that creatively implement traditional Mexican ingredients like vanilla, cocoa and chili peppers. And second, the festival is bringing in a long list of the most renowned Riviera Maya chefs from some of the best restaurants and resorts in the region, and they’ll be creating some mouthwateringly delicious dishes inspired by Mexican street food.
At the recent press conference for the event, Carl Emberson, Mayakoba Director of Operations and Marketing, said it perfectly, “On this occasion, the chefs will reinterpret traditional dishes to turn them into street food, enchanting the entire public with their culinary creations that are sure to surprise everyone there.”
In other words, if you love tacos and beer… you can’t miss this one.
Craft beer labels attending the festival will include:
- Cerveza Mundo Maya
- Cerveza Akumal
- Cerveza Cancun
- Cerveza Finisima
- Cerveza Pescadores
And guest chefs will include:
- Alexis Bostelmann: Executive Chef at Cirque du Soleil Joya and Grupo Vidanta
- Hugo Orozxo: Chef and menu creator at Grupo Santanera restaurants
- Pedro Abascal: Head Chef at Thompson Playa del Carmen
- Xavier Perez Stone: Owner of Axiote restaurant and Iron Chef 2014 winner
- Karla Enciso: Owner of Manyee restaurant
- Juan Pablo Loza: Executive Chef at Rosewood Mayakoba resort
- Eric de Maeyer: Executive Chef at Fairmont Mayakoba resort
- Eva Millan: Chef of Koba restaurant at Mayakoba
- Vincent Vallez: Executive Chef at new hotel Andaz at Mayakoba
- David Andrews: Executive Chef at Banyan Tree Mayakoba resort
- Diane DiMeo: Internationally renowned celebrity chef
- Abraham Salum: Founder of Salum, the most well-known restaurant in Dallas, Texas
- Nadine Waechter Moreno: Executive Chef at Grand Haytt Playa del Carmen
Tickets for the Riviera Maya Beer & Street Food Fest are only $200 pesos per person, which includes a welcome kit as well as a glass to sample 6 participating craft beers. Once you enter the event, each dish and beer has a cost of $40 pesos.
If you want to keep up with amazing local events like this one, click here to see our new Riviera Maya Events Calendar! If you see an event that interests you, just click on the name to see all the details, flyers and pricing. We think you'll be pretty surprised at all the exciting local events going on.
*Photo Credit: Andrea Ruiz Perron